Thursday 20 February 2014

And it begins...

My elemental ... how precious.Welcome to "Journey into the Rift". This is going to serve as a relatively accurate journey into my gaming experience for the MMORPG, Rift.

I'm not new to games by any standard (I'm talking years of WoW and Maplestory, FlyFF just to name a few) but this is my first time playing Rift. So I figured I'd post my experiences on it!

My first thoughts of the game were that it clearly looked nice, and that it was refined.  The character models have a high level of Customization for being Free To Play, which is quite nice.. considering what I'm used to (in terms of F2P customization). For me, I meddled around with Defiants (evil) but just couldn't seem to stick with it...the starting zones were dark, dreary... not really inviting (unless you're into that sort of thing). So I decided to make a Mathosian Mage. Mathosian was the cooler of the 3 I could pick from in my opinion.

Not only am I flinging out Sparks, Lightning Bolts, and the occasional Fire DoT.. as you can see from the starting picture here, I also have a multitude of pets or "summons" to choose from. I currently have 3,at level 12. My "Lesser Earth Elemental", "Lesser Air Elemental", and from where part of my Talent is Necromancer "Lesser Skeleton Zealot".  I'm not overly fond of the look of the Zealot.. so I don't use him very often. Haha. I am fond of my Lesser Earth Elemental (pictured slightly above) and the Air.

I think it''s neat how each of the elemental have a different role. The Earth is currently used to "tank" monsters (It takes the damage you normally would) whereas the Air is used for straight damage. Im currently using the Earth for area questing... but I feel like once I'm able to do dungeons, I'll be using the Air a bit more frequently.

Like I stated earlier, I was able to manage to get to level 12 before I decided to log out.... I spent a good 20-30 minutes wasting time by sitting down, fishing, and enjoying the nice surroundings. I hold so much faith in this game, and everything you can do in it... Let's hope that I don't get bored of it~

But as it's almost 3am, and I'm  tired, I'm going to end this here.

Goodnight fellow Telarians,
- Mizoryu

1 comment:

  1. Wohoo!! Nice blog! *waves to my fellow blogger* it will be so exciting to follow your adventures here :):)

    I also have a Necromancer soul and I got used to my skeleton mr Justinbieber *giggles* as he defend me everytime and even give up his life for me, he is a sweetheart really <3 :):)

    ReplyDelete