Friday 21 February 2014

First time in forever


     Alright ! How are you doing? I'm doing fantastic tonight! I feel like I should be making these blogs at a decent hour, instead of around 3 am. Oh well. For those of you that don't recognize the background on the banner above, it's from the the worlds "Iron Tomb" dungeon. This is a (5) man dungeon, consisting of 3 bosses. It's dark, enriched with color, and takes place in an ancient Tomb. What's there not to love? Oh that's right, I'm DPS so it takes me 2 hours to get into a dungeon.  It happens. From what I was able to tell, the first boss was just stand around & throw my magic at him. Pretty straight forward. The second boss? Not a chance. It's 3 kings, and they all spawn separately after the previous is defeated. There was some re-positioning that had to be done, on account of them spawning in a triangular pattern. It was a fun fight none the less, just a mild inconvenience from not being able to "tunnel vision" my way through it. The final boss was simply just fun. Another "stand at X spot, and blaze him down as soon as possible" boss. It happened so fast, I don't know where they all went! Haha.  I managed to pass on all of my drops, mainly because I was able to purchase better purple tier items through the vendor, using my Planarite. Super convenient those upgrades were. The only thing that came from the dungeon I could use as an upgrade was the Staff from a Quest. Still ... more Spell Power and Endurance is better than nothing! And the new staff is just simple, with a few curves carved into the wood.

    I decided to do some questing tonight as well, as much as I didn't want to (I planned on learning some Gathering professions, and leveling them to be around where I thought they should be). It wasn't so bad, went and collected some songs in a giant castle, which I thought was the Capitol for the Guardians "Sanctum". Boy was I wrong! Massive tree monsters, some Troll Zealots, and a lot of corrupted shrines.

The exp gained there wasn't so bad either, and I managed to go up a rank with the Scholars!! Hooray for getting somewhere with the Reputation system. Let's see what becomes of it when I'm done with Scholars... I haven't looked into it yet... time will tell. The image to the right (--->) actually took a few screen shots to get the timing right. The reason for the image? I find that the "sending a bolt of lightning" through the air ... reminded me a lot like "He-Man: Master of the Universe" And now all I can do every time I cast this spell is say "I HAVE THE POWER!!!". I'm an old gamer, and an avid fan of television shows from when I was a child. And I just giggle profusely these days at anything that brings forth my inner childhood.


And now this has finally happened !! It took me a total of (3) days to achieve, but it was totally worth it!
 I also managed to join a guild called "Time Killers". The only reason for the join, was because it's the reason that I play video games, to kill time. I mean, why not log into a world, unlike your own, where you can do pretty much what you want. Want to go fishing, but it's not Summer, but the middle of Winter? Log in! Want to create a fancy hat, but don't know howto sew, knit or crochet? Log in!. Friends ditched you for other plans? No worries, Log in! And have a social evening with your online counter-parts. They need you as well.

But alas! It's that time again for me to bid you all farewell, in hopes of conquest & glory (aka I'm tired, and need to get sleep!) 

Goodnight fellow Telarans, 
-Mizoryu




1 comment:

  1. Yes my GOD that Iron Tomb scared the living daylight out of me D: But totally awesome! I did another tomb yesterday and I was a total mess :):) Ill try to blog that maybee :):)

    I agree with what u say about time killing. Im sure its a lot more healthier to play an exciting game with friends than just be a couch potato in front of the TV :)

    And crafting is great. I try to make runes for my equipment and some potions to heal myself and kill monsters with. Its a challenge to find all stuff but fun.

    Thanks again for a lovely blog, hugggs!!

    ReplyDelete